Drs Ed Stetzer (Wheaton College Billy Graham Center) and A.R. Bernard (Christian Cultural Center) will be talking together with host Rev. Dr Nicole Martin (American Bible Society) on January 18, 2021 about how to repair the racial breach we have in this country. They will be exploring how to advance the conversation from a biblical perspective.
To register for the webinar, click here.
Shepherding Survivors of Sexual Abuse • EFCA Today.
Click the above link for a good read: 6 myths about shepherding sexual abuse survivors. Written by Andrew Schmutzer, OT prof at Moody and editor of the forthcoming multiauthored The Long Journey Home: Understanding and Ministering to the Sexually Abused (Wipf and Stock).
On Sunday our pastor preached from Luke 12:13-34 about end of year anxieties. I got to reading the whole passage and noticed some interesting tidbits in the larger passage of chapter 12.
Anxiety leads us to make several kinds of responses.
1. Legalism and getting religion just right (12:1-4)
2. Covering up/hiding (12:2)
3. Obsessing over our words. Did we say it just right? (12:11)
4. Demanding fairness (12:13f)
5. Hoarding (12:16f); not caring for the poor.
6. Worry about tomorrow’s daily bread; desire to control (12:22f)
Do these fit your temptations when you are anxious? Tomorrow I’ll post on some thoughts from the passage as to what we might do instead.