If so, come to Biblical to meet with other interested parties on June 11, 2011. If you are working on your masters degree or already have one and want to talk through the process for becoming a LPC in PA you might benefit from talking with those who have recently gone through the process. The following link will give you more information on the lunchtime seminar and contact information to RSVP should be interested in attending.
Tag Archives: counselor education
Want to learn more about counseling this summer? Are you in ministry and want to sharpen your skills? Already a licensed mental health provider and need CEUs*? Want to explore…
- How to counsel people diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder?
- How to help those diagnosed with a chronic condition?
- How to use the Old Testament better in counseling?
- How to better understand and evaluate the major models of counseling?
Just a reminder that this summer Biblical is offering 4 electives for students, alum and any auditors who might find the topics of interest. The first three of the four courses are only one credit and delivered in a weekend formats(Friday night and Saturday) with some pre-class reading/assignments. The fourth is a two credit course delivered in a completely on-line format.
For information about each of these course, the professors, the costs, and how to apply, click this link. It will take you to the Biblical website and a PDF of our flyer.
* Note: For those seeking CEUs, there are two ways you may be able to count them as fulfillment of your licensure requirements. Biblical Seminary is an accredited graduate institution and these courses are offered as graduate education in counseling and psychology. Most mental health licensure bodies accept graduate courses (shown on a transcript) as meeting the requirements for approved CE providers. You will need to check with your board to see if that applies to you. Second, we have applied for CE provider status for my class (Borderline Personality Disorder) from the State Board of Social Work, Marriage & Family Therapy, & Professional Counseling. If approved, we will be able to provide licensed attendees with 9 clock hours at the cost of ONLY $175.