Those of you interested in trauma recovery work can feel free to pray through our upcoming trip and itinerary (as well as for our families!). Our team (Diane Langberg, Carol King, Josh Straub, Baraka Unwingeneye, Josephine Munyeli, and me) will be providing a 3 day trauma recovery training for Rwandan nationals October 19-21 funded by generous donors from the AACC and WorldVision. Diane and I are leaving early for some assessment work with the American Bible Society and national bible societies in the region.
- Oct 10-11: DL and PM to Entebbe, Uganda to meet up with African and American Bible Society leaders
- Oct 12: DL and PM (via MAF plane) to Bunia, DRC to meet with Bible Society workers and those receiving care
- Oct 13: DL and PM (via MAF plane) to Beni, DRC to meet with seminary/university professionals; then on to Goma, DRC
- Oct 14-16: DL and PM meeting with Bible Society staff, trauma victims, and trauma recovery workers in Goma, DRC
- Oct 14: JS and CK to leave for Kigali, RW
- Oct 17: DL and PM to drive from Goma, DRC to Kigali, RW
- Oct 18: Meetings, prep for conference
- Oct 19-21: Conference lead by BU, JM, DL, JS, CK, and PM for WorldVision workers, clergy, educators, and others
- Oct 21: Leave Kigali
- Oct 22: Arrive Philadelphia
Pray for health, safety, ability to listen well, to teach well and to be flexible. Pray for our families in just the same way.