Posted at the conference website are a list of “Top Ten” next steps you can do following the conference. The point is not to be hearers only but also doers. Most of us aren’t going to be in the rescue business like IJM and probably most of us won’t be doing 10 years of intensive therapy with complex trauma victims. BUT, we all can do our part. So, even if you didn’t attend the conference…you can do something. As Bob Morrison said…”if you have no experience, no money, and no time…then you are perfect to be doing something about the problem of trafficking.”
DVDs can be purchased here.
The conference ended with a panel discussion. I was the emcee and collected a large grouping of questions. I won’t list them all here but let me give you the categories:
1. Victim questions. How to help as a counselor? As a pastor? What to do if you have been one and never came forward?
2. Church questions. Best policies to deal with offenders and victims? How to sensitize male leadership? How to address the problem of spiritual abuse?Aren’t victims who have sex with the pastor responsible, at least in part?
3. Spouse questions. What if you didn’t abuse your wife but she cannot tolerate intimacy? What is the best way to help as a spouse?
4. Offender questions. Can offenders be restored? What should the church role be? Are there any Christian offender programs out there?
Interesting set of questions. Good discussion. You can see the answers to some of these on the DVD.
4 responses to “Trafficking and Abuse Conference: Next Steps?”
Here’s a couple more additions from ADA Pearl Kim, Esq.
1) Have your children add Delco ICAC as your Facebook/Myspace friend
2) Arrange for Church Leaders to be trained on Mandatory Reporting Laws through PA Family Support Alliance
3) Encourage criminal prosecution!
I ordered a set of these DVDs shortly after this post. Now it looks like the above link to the order form is no longer valid and I haven’t yet received the DVDs. Is there someone at Biblical that I could follow up with?
Sorry, They are still being made. June 15 is now the new deadline. Sorry for the delay. Not sure about the link. I’ll check into it.
Thanks, Phil! No worries… I just wanted to check that the order hadn’t been lost or something. It’s all good!